A big mistake often made regarding estate planning is to think of it as something only important for certain groups of people such as the elderly, the well-off, or both. Unfortunately, this is a very narrow view of estaet planning, and sadly leaves many people and families with a big mess to handle.
Planning your estate allows you to protect your legacy, protect yourself and protect your family. This is important regardless of your age or wealth.
Estate planning involves a range of tasks. The process could intimidate someone who lacks the necessary expertise and resources.
Luckily, at the Law Offices of Andrew Cohen, you’ll find a Sherman Oaks, California estate planning attorney who can help you make major decisions about your property and assets. Our team will listen as you explain your needs to ensure we develop a plan that’s tailored to your specific situation.
Why Choose Our Sherman Oaks Estate Planning Law Firm
Working with a qualified professional who understands your goals and possesses the expertise necessary to achieve them is critical when choosing an estate planning attorney. At the Law Offices of Andrew Cohen, you will find a Sherman Oaks estate planning lawyer who:
- Takes the time to get to know you and your family in order to create a personalized plan;
- Understands that estate planning is both an emotional and practical task;
- Leverages decades of experience helping clients like yourself, while also drawing upon his work in real estate and marketing to coordinate strong legal arrangements.
Hiring the right estate planning attorney will impact your future and your loved ones’ futures. At our Sherman Oaks firm, we deeply appreciate how important this decision is for you.
The Essentials of Estate Planning in California
An estate planning attorney in the Sherman Oaks area can assist you with:
- Trusts: A trust is typical, a much better alternative to a will that allows your loved ones to inherit property and assets while skipping the probate process. Trust can also allow for greater privacy than wills. Sherman Oaks estate planning lawyer helps clients set up living trusts, special needs trusts, thrift trusts, and more.
- Revocable living trusts: A revocable living trust is one that an individual can alter during their lifetime if circumstances change.
- Wills: Although a trust offers many advantages that a will doesn’t offer, for some individuals, creating a will instead of a trust is an acceptable estate planning option.
- Power of attorney: An estate planning lawyer can help a client draft a power of attorney document. This document can grant someone the right to make critical decisions about someone’s finances, healthcare, and more, should they become unable to make these decisions themselves.
3 Reasons Estate Planning is Important
You should get in touch with a Sherman Oaks estate planning law firm because:
- Doing so lets you and your loved ones plan for the unexpected;
- Courts will make certain decisions for you if you don’t carefully plan your estate;
- Planning your estate allows you to make certain important arrangements ahead of time should you ever become incapacitated.
Contact a Sherman Oaks Estate Planning Attorney
Experience matters when you need a professional to help you plan your estate. At the Law Offices of Andrew Cohen, that’s exactly what you’ll find. To learn more about what our Sherman Oaks estate planning lawyer can do for you, contact our firm online or call us at 661-481-0100.