You’ve put in a lot of work and effort providing for yourself and your loved ones. Now it’s important to make plans for the future. In California, this should involve coordinating with experts who can help you secure your legacy.
At the Law Offices of Andrew Cohen, a Studio City estate planning attorney is on hand to provide guidance regarding everything from Trusts, to Wills, to Power of Attorney and beyond. Meet with us to discuss your plans.
Why Hire a Studio City Estate Planning Lawyer
Estate planning in California typically involves creating a Trust-focused plan to manage and distribute a person’s assets and property after their death. This can include creating a will, establishing trusts, handling beneficiaries for financial accounts and insurance policies, and creating advance health care directives.
Estate planning is important because it allows an individual to control what happens to their assets and property after their death, rather than leaving it to chance or having it decided by the state. It also enables an individual to plan for potential incapacity or disability and to ensure that their wishes are carried out.
An estate plan can help to minimize taxes and administrative costs, protect assets from creditors and lawsuits, and provide for loved ones who may have special needs. Additionally, estate planning can also help to avoid the probate court process, which can be lengthy and expensive.
It’s important to be aware that the various processes estate planning may involve can be complex. It’s wise to enlist the help of a lawyer when making these types of future plans. At our Studio City estate planning firm, we can assist you with such aspects of your estate as:
- Revocable living trusts
- Power of Attorney
- And more
How to Prepare for a Meeting With a Studio City Estate Planning Attorney
Preparing for a meeting with an estate planning lawyer in California can help ensure that the meeting is productive and that your needs are met. Here are a few steps you can take to prepare for the meeting:
- Gather important documents: Before the meeting, gather important documents such as any existing will, trust documents, financial statements, insurance policies, and any other relevant documents that the lawyer may need to review.
- Make a list of questions: Prepare a list of questions that you would like to ask the lawyer, such as how to minimize taxes, how to provide for loved ones with special needs, and how to avoid probate court process.
- Identify your goals: Think about what you would like to accomplish with your estate plan, such as providing for loved ones, protecting assets, and minimizing taxes.
- Identify your assets and debts: Make a list of your assets and debts, including real estate, bank accounts, investments, business interests, and any outstanding debts.
- Identify your beneficiaries: Make a list of the individuals and organizations that you would like to receive a distribution from your estate.
Contact a Studio City Estate Planning Attorney Today
At the Law Offices of Andrew Cohen, we have the experience necessary to help you plan for your future with confidence. Learn more about how we can assist you by contacting us online or calling us at 661-481-0100.