At The Law Offices of Andrew Cohen, we understand how difficult and overwhelming the probate and trust administration process can be. With years of experience in Sherman Oaks, our knowledgeable experts are here to assist you with every step of the process. We will work closely with you to ensure that your wishes are handled as quickly and efficiently as possible.
If you’ve recently been appointed as the executor or administrator of an estate, then it is important to understand the complexities that come with probate and trust administration in California. A Sherman Oaks probate and trust administration attorney can provide guidance throughout this complicated legal process.
In general, when someone passes away, their assets must be legally transferred to their heirs and beneficiaries. This process is known as probate and it involves a number of different steps, including:
● Appointing the executor or administrator of the estate
● Notifying creditors and settling debts
● Dividing property among heirs and beneficiaries
● Distributing assets according to the decedent’s will
● Paying taxes and filing court orders
These steps can be complex and require an understanding of California probate laws. A Sherman Oaks probate and trust administration lawyer can help executors, administrators, and heirs navigate these processes efficiently and with accuracy. They will also provide legal advice on how to handle any disputes that may arise during the probate process.
In addition to probate, a Sherman Oaks probate and trust administration law firm can also assist with the administration of a trust. This includes understanding the terms of the trust document and carrying out the instructions provided therein. The Law Offices of Andrew Cohen has extensive experience in facilitating trust administration cases throughout California. Many trust administrations are fairly straightforward, although others can become complex (although much less so than if an estate should need to go through the probate court).
Our knowledgeable attorneys will work to ensure that trusts are administered properly and in accordance with relevant California laws. We can assist with a variety of trust matters, including:
● Drafting trust documents
● Transferring assets into a trust
● Maintaining the trust after it is created
● Determining how to distribute assets from the trust
Hiring an attorney to guide you through the probate and trust administration process in California is a wise idea in these circumstances. Our probate and trust administration attorneys can help you with:
• Preparing and filing all the necessary paperwork, such as death certificates and tax returns;
• Identifying and securing assets, debts, and accounts;
• Determining heirs and beneficiaries;
• Communicating with creditors;
• Transferring title and ensuring beneficiaries receive their assets;
• Distributing assets and resolving disputes; and
• Closing the estate.
Our Sherman Oaks probate and trust administration law firm understands that this can be a difficult time for your family. We strive to provide compassionate and knowledgeable legal counsel while helping you navigate the complex laws governing estates, trusts and probate. For more information about how we can help, contact us online or call us at 661-481-0100.